Saturday, January 30

For the Love of books and Beautiful Creatures!


Lots of us are here because we felt in love with Twilight in the first place, which was a book that immediately hooked you. Same happened with Beautiful Creatures.



I will keep spoilers to a minimum and just try to explain what makes this book and his character so intriguing , lovely and just a Must-Read.

Why do I love the book:

Ethan: He is the main character and the whole story is written from his point if view. He's sweet sixteen and a normal guy who lives in a tiny town in the South. His mom died and his father is a writer who looked himself into his room after the death of his wife. Although he is raised in a small town, he is different and tries to hide it from his friends and just appears like every one of the other kids in town. He is strong and has personality and clearly is not small minded like most of the kids and people in town!

Lena: She is the new girl, she is mysterious and extremely beautiful. And because she is new and different everyone hates her right from the beginning. She is fascinating because she is clearly different and one has no clue what makes her so different. She moves in with her Uncle who is apparently the creepies and weirdest person in town. She wears a necklace with tons of junk on it, which I found so lovely! :)



Apart from the main characters there are some secondary character which are as much as important and as much as interesting!

Macon: I clearly love this mysterious guy! He is definitely my favorite character in the books! He is Lenas Uncle but nobody ever saw him in town. He is even more mysterious than Lena and the towns people like to gossip about him. When we finally meet him he is such a charismatic guy that I really felt for him

Amarie: She takes care of Ethan and his father and is the mother role in Ethans live. Apparently he can read Tarot cards and like putting small Talisman thingys everywhere in the house. She is a super strong person and really has the reins in her hand. Although she is rigorous, all she wants is the best for Ethan and therefore one cannot NOT like and love her!

Marian: She was Ethan's moms best friend and the head of the local library. She lives for books so she is always citing something or someone. She is funny and really a crazy scientist but a great friend.

Link: The crazy best friend of Ethan who is loyal to his friend above all what might happen he is the best friend you could think of!




Love Story:

Ethan has dreams about a girl and he knows somehow that he is connected to this girl although he has no clue who that girl is. Lena and Ethan are meant to be together we get that right from the beginning but we have no idea why! It's an innocent love story, but strong enough to keep you hooked and fascinated.

What is up with Lena? Why has Ethan dreams about a girl he doesn't even know?
So will the get together? Will love triumph about all the things which keep them apart?



All you can do to find that out is read the book. You will not get disappointed!
And then be part of the book discussion fragile, Greta & friends are holding and discuss the book chapter by chapter with them!

So girls, when you read it why do you love the books? (without being too spoilerish...) And for the ones who didn't read it, why do you want to read it?

I have one more thing to make you want to read it. You saw those incredible pictures I found I posted here?

They are from Vania's Life Captures she did this Photoshot specially for this book and she made a trailer for it .. and damn it it's awesome, fantastic, wonderful and everything:




13 truly lovely comments..:

Anonymous said...

What a good chance!

Anonymous said...

I just finished this book also, and I must say that it is pretty good. For me it doesn't give me the "high" like Twilight does, but I could keep reading this story in hopes of finding out what happens....

One Pushy Fox said...

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book and loved the trailer you found too, Mrs V!!!! I have some interesting theories about the secondary characters (which I'll keep to myself until we reach that point in fragile's book discussion) but I'm definitely looking forward to sharing them!!!

SQUEE!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susie From ApplesnFeathers said...

I very much loved the entire book. The setting,the characters(especially Macon) and the plot are just written to perfection! I'm excited about being involved int the book discussion and can't WAIT for the sequel!

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

rpfangirljr said...

Hmm... sounds like a good book. I'm in the market for something new, and it just may be what I need. (Unless you cannot get it in the US... then I'm just SOL).

spellbound said...

Oh I have got to get this & read it. And another thing I couldn't help noticing...alot of the scenery in the video looked like the town I live in (or actually I work there but I live 3 miles away.) Especially the cemetary views & the houses. If it's not, that town has a twin! Does anyone know where those pics were taken?

Danny said...

Thanks for all your comments!

@Anon: Twilight is truly something else and will have a special place in all our hearts anyway:) BC is darker and more emo I'd say...

@pushy: I'm dying to know about your theories!

@Susie: Team Macon !!!!! :)

@rfpangirldc: Sure, actually I had problems getting it here in Germany since it wasn't released yet here..

@spellbound: How funny would that be? I'm sorry I don't know where the fotos are taken did you looked at the site from the girl who did it? I linked to her, would love to know that! :)


There is a lot of Spam her .... I really have to delete those..

StarlitViolets said...

I bought and read Beautiful Creatures two weeks ago and was SO pleasantly surprised with it's quality and originality.

I can't wait for the sequel...

Anonymous said...

nice one, i just added tons of some other new emo backgrounds in my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Angela Lynn said...

I love Macon... And Marian the Librarian. Did you ever see The Music Man?

Fantastic post Mrs. V. The pictures are beautiful! =)

Anonymous said...

have you people read the second one?? its even more better then the last one, with love affairs just like twilight. i just finished it yesterday it was amazing!!!!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Little Red Bird kit.